Sunday, June 1, 2014

Bak Kut Teh - Roast Pork - Suckling Pig - Chicken Rice - Fish Head Steamboat

Singapore is known as a multicultural country,
where you can find varied culinary experience, from Western to Asian cuisine.
I experienced many delicious dish during my trip to Singapore. Here we go!

Roast Pork & Chicken - Hainan Chicken Rice - Roast Pork Noodle
Everytime we went to Singapore, this a must food to find. I always find this Hainan Chicken Rice and Roast Pork to be more tasty than I used to eat in Jakarta. We were eating at Takashimaya, Orchard road. We always go there to take a good meal and resting after the endless shopping activity :)

Nan Hwa Chong Fish Head Steamboat
This is new for me. My two good friends brought me here.
Nan Hwa Chong is located at the corner of Sultan street. I was there on dinner time.
The restaurant was full and crowded, we were lucky to have the table for 3. Fyi, It is better to bring someone who understands Mandarin :) Thank God the menu was full of picture, It made easier to order. We ordered snapper fish head steamboat, pork ribs with salted egg, and cereal fried prawn. They took a while to prepare the dish. However, It worth of waiting. The meat was tender, the seasoning were spotted on, and the prawns were cooked perfectly. The taste of the meals were incredible. I still remember how delicious they were. I definitely want to go back there. Happy Tummy!

 I Poh Lau Yau, Centrepoint
This restaurant offers you Bean Sprouts Chicken. The rice is similar with hainan rice, but the taste were more rich. The sauce of the chicken were appetizing. The bean sprouts were crunchy and delicious.

Bak Kut Teh - Suckling Pig - Roast Duck
at Marina Bay Sands Shopping Centre
We were supposed to eat at Song Fa Bak Kut Teh at Clarke Quay. People told me that Song Fa is a well known Bak Kut Teh in Singapore. Unfortunately, we came in the wrong time. On Saturday night, the restaurant was full and on Monday was closed. So we went to Bay Front. We wanted to see the magnificent Marina Bay Sands Hotel and Garden by the Bay. While we're there, we ate at the food-court. And surprisingly I found Ng Ah Sio Bak Kut Teh, which is also the famous Bak Kut Teh restaurant there. And yes, the taste was beyond explanation, the meat was tender and cooked perfectly, the soup was rich and tasteful. I also found delicious Suckling Pig, Roast Pork and Roast Duck dish. Crispy outside and tender inside. I was pleased and happy :)


I love the view from Marina Bay Sands Shopping Center to Fullerton, 
and the view from Marina Bay Sands Hotel to the Singapore Flyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment