Sunday, October 20, 2013

Bali Trip

Hi !! It's been a while since my last post. I've been busy lately - having getaway trips :D Well here are some food adventures in Bali. I went to Bali with my family and 2 closest friends. I was excited and also nervous. This year has been a roller coaster for me and I need a getaway adventure. The things that are always comforting me are food and scenery. Food is an universal language to express care and love. And this is how my friends made my day in Bali. They prepared a great place to stay - The Studio in Seminyak. Good service, spacious room, clean, and extremely comfortable. 

The Studio, Seminyak, Bali


Day 1 - we're having lunch at Denpasar. I forgot the restaurant's name, but it had a delicious 'nasi campur ayam'. For dinner, we went to Eatwell at Seminyak. The pork knuckle was insanely good - recommended dish. It was served on a cutting board with potato gratin and gravy. The portion was huge - I think it could be eaten by 4 people (please believe me that I wasn't eating that dish alone. There were 3 other friends helping me...hehe)



Day 2 - we were having lunch at the famous 'babi guling' Pak Malen, Sunset Road - Kuta. It was crispy and tender, and the side dish was superb. For a scenery experience, we went to single fin where we could enjoy a wonderful sunset and beach scenery. It was great and peaceful. And for dinner, we're having a seafood feast at Jimbaran. We were out of control, we ordered fish, squid, prawn, muscles, etc (see the photo above...haha).


Day 3 - sadly this is our last day in Bali. We're having lunch at ayam betutu, the traditional Balinese chicken dish. And after that we went to Sanur, the desserts were awesome. We're having a great day - go around the city and enjoying the sun :P. I bought some gifts for my family. I bought Siobak (pork dish) at Denpasar and don't forget other traditional gifts that you can buy at Bali, which are milk pie, Bali peanuts, coffee, and some traditional fabric :) Good Food + Good Place + Good Price = Happiness and Satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment